<--Try out the working demo!
Sure, NYonTap has always been pretty useful for planning where you're going to go
before you go out, or for saving your favorite bars after you've gotten home from them.
That's all well and good. But let's face it making plans, drinking, and then trying to
remember those plans is pretty flawed in its very conception. Situations change, drinking dynamics are, um, fluid -- you need to be able to
adapt on the fly.
Have friends with an iPhone?
Send them a text message with a link to the site. You could even send yourself a text message link, so you don't have to bother typing in the url.
What you've been waiting for...
We've built a totally redesigned web 2.0 version of NYonTap especially for the iPhone.
It's super-lightweight, ajax driven, and as fast as fast can be on the crappy 2.5G AT&T network.
- Save a bar as a favorite while you're still there.
- Find bars nearby the one you're at, or near a cross street, or near an address.
- Find the nearest subway to where you are or where you're going.
- Get subway directions from one bar to the next, or from any two addresses or cross streets.
- View your friends favorite bars and hopefully you'll like them as much as they do.
What's in the works
Over the next few weeks we'll be rolling out lots of enhancements. Naturally mapping is high on the list but we
want to be able to implement it in a way that doesn't slow you down, and that's going to a bit of work.
If you've got ideas of how to make NewYorkOnTap better send them to us at: